Single story homes are often called “ranch” homes. Ranch homes in the Lake Norman area can be hard to find with just a simple search on your own. Below, we’ve compiled a a list of Lake Norman area homes that are all ranches for your convenience.
Benefits of a ranch home
- Less risk of falling – Did you know that an estimated 12,000 people die each year from falling down stairs? It’s true and falls are the second leading cause of accidental injuries.
- Easier on knees – this is especially important for people if they have injuries or arthritis in the knees.
- Easier escape – in the unfortunate event of a fire, it’s much easier to get out of a first story window than it is a second and much easier to get to the door if there aren’t stairs to navigate.
- Most of us are lazy – most people don’t relish the though of needing something and realizing it’s upstairs or downstairs.
- Laundry – doing laundry is not pleasant either way. You’re either carrying laundry up and down stairs or having to take yourself up and down stairs to tend to it.
- Carrying stuff up and down – who really wants to carry a heavy vacuum cleaner up and down stairs? Nobody! Let alone having to vacuum the stairs if they are carpeted.
- Noise – Sound travels much easier through floors than across the house.
- Easier to sell – there is a serious demand for ranch style homes. This is becoming an even bigger issue with all the baby boomers getting older and desiring single story homes. It’s important to note that the old adage is true – the more in demand something is, the more valuable it is.
- Temperature – here in the south we worry about keeping things cool more than keeping them warm. While indeed heat rises and a two story might be better for your utility bill in the winter, around here that’s a short window. In North Carolina, we typically enjoy about 8-9 months of warm weather where we want the house kept cooler and a ranch stays cooler! Additionally, a one-story home is heated and cooled more evenly so there’s usually no need for that second HVAC system (saving you $$) or playing the temperature game of up and down stairs.
Here are the latest ranch (single story) homes in the Lake Norman area. These are only the newest 50 to come on market for space considerations. See below for a search specific to your exact needs.
Need to sell first?
Got a home you need to sell first so you can move into ranch home? We’ll be glad to help with that too! With our proven track record and customized sales plans, you’ll be glad you came to us. Wondering what our former clients would say? See our reviews here. To get started, either contact us for a FREE consultation or fill this out for an FREE instant home valuation. [8b_home_value]