If you are looking to to buy or sell a home, you probably want to find the best Lake Norman real estate agent to help you out. Lisa Alford, Realtor® with Alford Realty Group specializes in the Lake Norman real estate market and can help answer that question. First, we all have to be aware that “best” is a very subjective term. Who is the best agent for a buyer may or may not be the best agent for a seller. At one time, it was believed that only an agent with a big, national firm would be the best choice. That simply isn’t the case anymore. Many of the most educated and highest producing agents have now left those bigger firms. Combine that with the new online marketing abilities and it evens out the playing field quite a bit.
It is important to identify what makes an agent “the best” Realtor®. Your reasons may be very different than someone else’s. So ask yourself what’s most important to you? When considering that, be sure to consider the deeper things than just financial. Here are some considerations for you, is it:
- Volume of sales?
- Time on market?
- % of list to closed price?
- Ability of agent to listen and respond?
- Full time agent?
- Volume of sales in a certain price bracket?
- Has that agent sold a property like yours?
- Do they have experience with first time buyers?
- Short Sale experience?
- Foreclosure experience?
- Availability of agent to PERSONALLY respond to you?
- Marketing techniques?
- Knowledge of the area?
- Knowledge of the difference aspects of real estate (mortgages, titles, insurance, surveys)?
Whatever your criteria is for “the best real estate agent” you should make note of those things. Then when you get some contacts, interview them and ask them these questions. Their answers, along with how well you are communicating and getting along with them will help you make that determination.
Here are some ways to find an agent:
- One very good way to find an agent is to ask your friends, family and neighbors. Referrals are a great way to learn about a great, or not so great, real estate agent;
- You can simply drive around your area and see names on signs. But that doesn’t really tell you if they are “the best” or not. In fact, it tells you nothing other than that person has that home listed for sale;
- You can look for ads to find who has great marketing;
- Read real estate blogs (like this one) that help you determine an agents knowledge of the field and community.
Make certain they are a Realtor® (Realtor® is a brand name, only members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® can call themselves REALTORS® and use the REALTOR® trademark and, as a result, the trademark is able to convey what few do: trust and recognition among consumers). The agent should have the trademark Realtor® on their business card, website and other areas of advertisement. An agent who is a Realtor® is held to a higher standard and
Community involvement is another key component. You’ll want an agent who is involved in and contributes to the community and knows what’s going on.
Once you have found some agents and interviewed them asking the key important questions to you, you should have found your “best real estate agent”. I hope this information has been helpful to you. If you are looking for the best real estate agent in the Lake Norman area, I hope you will consider interviewing me, Lisa Alford, Realtor®, for the job as well. Either way, we at Alford Realty Group wish you the best of luck in all you do!